The 18th annual Canadian Space Summit is beginning to take shape and will host three concurrent events in Ottawa between November 27-29.
The summit this year will feature these three events;
- The 18th annual Canadian Space Summit – To discuss Canadian achievements, future opportunities and international collaborations in the space sector;
- The Canadian Space Policy Symposium – To specifically address policy-related topics in the Canadian space sector; (This was the event that the now defunct Canadian Space Commerce Association used to organize.)
- SatCom Canada Workshop – To focus on the massive disruption in satellite communications coming from LEO constellations and the Internet of Things.
The 18th annual summit will be held at the Brookstreet Hotel in Kanata, an area full of research companies, home to Department of National Defense facilities and the Canadian Space Agency’s David Florida Laboratory. Early Bird registration is ongoing.
The Summit organizers have released to SpaceQ some of the speakers who are confirmed to speak. They include;
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency
- Holly Johnson, President’s Business Manager at MDA
- John Yates, Managing Director, Helix Technologies and Founder, Space Applications Catapult (Gala speaker)
- BGen. Whale, DG Space, RCAF
- Andre Dupuis, President, Space Strategies Consulting Ltd.
- David Fell, CEO, Eastern Ontario Regional Network
- Sunil Chavda, Telesat
- Andy Lincoln, CTO, Viasat
- Micah Walter-Range, President, Caelus Partners
- Cornelius Zund, CEO, Satellite Squared
- Kate Howells, Global Community Outreach Manager, Planetary Society
- Drew Klein, Director of International Business Development, C-COM Satellite Systems
- David Ormondroyd, Account Executive, Planet
- Larry Reeves, Consultant, Geocentrix Technologies
- Wayne Ellis, Solutions Consultant, AppSpaceSol
- Jason Palidwar, Account Manager, Iridian Spectral Technologies
- Bill Jeffries, Consultant, Elliam Inc.
The organizers have also released the sponsors list to date, some of which will also exhibit, and which includes:
- MDA: Platinum
- Airbus: Gold
- ADGA, Bronze
- AppSpaceSol, Bronze
- Mission Control Space Services, Bronze
- Skywatch, Bronze
- Space Strategies Consulting Ltd. Bronze
- Telesat, Bronze
- GHGSat, Bronze
- SpaceQ, Media
Other exhibitors include:
- Iridian Spectral Technologies
- Sinclair Interplanetary