While we’re accustomed to a plenary featuring the heads of legacy national space agencies from the US, Russia, Japan, India, Europe, China and Canada, it’s only in the past few years that the voices of emerging space nations are starting to reach a global audience.
In this weeks SpaceQ podcast we present a new plenary from the recent International Astronautical Congress in Washington, the Heads of Emerging Agencies.
This panel offers the listener an opportunity to learn about programs from some of the emerging space nations along with their thoughts on a host of issues facing all nations.
In this panel you’ll hear from space leaders from the United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Thailand, Brazil and Angola.
The panel is moderated by Pontsho Maruping, Chair of the Scientific and Technical Committee, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), South Africa.
The panelists include:
- Mohammed Nasser Al Ahbabi, Director General, UAE Space Agency (UAESA),United Arab Emirates.
- Valanathan Munsami, CEO, South African National Space Agency (SANSA), South Africa.
- Anond Snidvongs, Executive Director, Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency (GISTDA), Thailand.
- Carlos Augusto Teixeira de Moura, President, Brazilian Space Agency (AEB), Brazil.
- Zolana Rui Joao, General Manager, National Space Program Management Office (GGPEN), Angola.
We’ve edited the recording removing individual introductions to keep the podcast within a reasonable length.
Panel introduction – 3:11
United Arab Emirates introduction – 4:44
South Africa introduction – 8:34
Thailand introduction – 11:17
Brazil introduction – 15:09
Angola introduction – 18:36
Panel discussion – 21:50