Humanity’s use of space is increasing every year as more nation states join the space club and commercial activities increases. It is important that all stakeholders work together towards a sustainable space environment.
In this weeks SpaceQ podcast we present one of the plenaries from the recent International Astronautical Congress in Washington.
The panel was titled The Long-Term Sustainability of Outer Space: Advancing the Space Economy and Sustaining Space Industry Through Solutions to Space Security Issue.
It featured key players from Canada, Europe and the US. The panel was moderated by Fatih Ozmen, Owner and CEO, Sierra Nevada Corporation (US).
The panelists included:
- Jean-Loïc Galle, President and CEO, Thales Alenia Space (France)
- Daniel S. Goldberg, President and CEO, Telesat (Canada)
- Etienne Schneider, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Space, The Luxembourg Government (Luxembourg)
- Kay Sears, Vice President and General Manager, Lockheed Martin (US)
- Scott Pace,Executive Director, National Space Council (US)
We’ve edited the recording removing individual introductions to keep the podcast within a reasonable length.