The Canadian Space Agency (CSA) has released a schedule, speakers, and initial organizations participating in its inaugural InvestmentSpace 2019 conference.
The one day conference will be held at the St. Regis hotel in Toronto on Friday, February 22 and is co-organized with the Business Development Bank of Canada and the Creative Destruction Lab.
The morning will feature discussion panels from 8:30 to 12:30.
The focus of these panels will be;
- The changing economics of space: Do primes and space start-ups views align?
- Commercialization, Revenues and ROI: Insights from Angel and VC investors on what drives an investment into a space company.
- Developing talent in Canada and globally: Views from space incubators and accelerators.
- Success south of the border: Key ingredients for investment success stories.
Confirmed speakers include;
- Sylvain Laporte, President – Canadian Space Agency
- Mike Greenley, President – MDA Corporation
- Mina Mitry, Co-Founder & CEO – Kepler Communications
- Stéphane Germain, President – GHGSat
- Garrett Goldberg, Partner – Bee Partners
- Sergio A. Escobar, SuperAngel & Limited Partner– BCF Ventures
- Ozan Isinak, President – Keiretsu Forum Canada
- Michele Davis, Director of Partnership Development – Ontario Centers of Excellence
- Pierre-Alexis Joumel, Co-Founder – The Moon Race
- John Roth, Vice-President of Business Development – Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Bob Richards, Co-Founder & CEO – Moon Express
The afternoon will include 2 Pitch Sessions which the CSA describes “as an opportunity to pitch your business to a panel of investors.”
- Session 1: 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Session 2: 3:15pm to 4:45pm
Organizations that have registered include;
- Abeona Space
- Apastron Technologies
- Airbus Defense and Space
- Autodesk, Inc.
- B. R. Aerospace Solutions and Services
- Baryon Dynamics Incorporated
- BCF VENTURES
- Bee Partners
- C6 Launch Systems
- Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- CB2.0 Communications Inc.
- Deltion Innovations
- ECM Space
- Exigent Innovations
- Gedex Systems Inc.
- Global Spatial Technology Solutions
- Good Vibrations Engineering
- H&S Technocraft
- Indus Space
- Integrity Testing Laboratory
- iSAC Systems Inc.
- Keiretsu Forum Canada
- Launch Canada
- Loonify Space Inc.
- LOOPSIN Services
- Macfab Manufacturing
- Magellan Aerospace
- McMaster University
- MDA Corporation
- Mission Control Space Services
- Nano-Lit Technologies
- National Research Council
- Industrial Research Assistance Program
- NGC Aerospace
- Nicomatic Canada
- NUVU Cameras Inc.
- Orbital Farm Inc.
- P4BUS Systems
- R.J. McGregor & Associates
- Reaction Dynamics Lab
- Rocketplane Global
- Ryerson University
- Satellite Canada Innovation Network
- Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Space Strategies Consulting
- SpaceQ Media
- Stylite Consultancy
- Telecan Space
- The Moon Race
- VanWyn Aerospace Logistics
- York Angels
- Wyvern Inc.
SpaceQ is participating and will discuss privately new initiatives it’s working on.
Has anyone heard of these guys – Aerospace Business Sistems LLC ? It seems they also want to issue tokens to raise funding and say something about two investors. But I have not heard anything about them before. https://www.slideshare.net/michae1b1ack/aerospace-business-sistems-llc