Global Satellite Servicing Forum Live
This page only broadcast when there is a live event from The Consortium for Execution of Rendezvous and Servicing Operations (CONFERS).
Past event: November 8, 2018 – Global Satellite Servicing Forum 2018 from Washington, DC.
About: On-orbit satellite servicing and maintenance capabilities (including manufacturing and assembly) are emerging as the cornerstone of future commercial and civil space activities. The Global Satellite Servicing Forum (GSSF), to be held in the 20 F Street NW Conference Center in Washington, DC , will be the premier annual event for discussing industry-led operational standards, as well as technology, market, and policy developments in this critical area of space activities.
- With continental breakfast available
0830 Opening Welcome
- Brian Weeden, CONFERS Executive Director
- Fred Kennedy, Director of the Tactical Technology Office (TTO), DARPA
0900 Morning Keynote – Jim Bridenstine, NASA Administrator
0930 Market & Business Trends
Why is on-orbit servicing real now? What are the emerging market opportunities and economic drivers?
- Moderator: Ian Christensen, CONFERS Secretariat
- Bryan Benedict, Senior Director Innovation and Satellite Programs, SES Government Solutions
- Therese Jones, Senior Director of Policy, Satellite Industry Association
- Ken Lee, Senior Vice President of Space Systems, Intelsat
1020 Morning Coffee Break
- Break sponsored by SSL, a Maxar Technologies Company
1045 Industry Briefings – Servicing Providers
Flash Talks: Presentations from companies developing rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) & on-orbit servicing (OOS) services.
- 10:45 – 10:55 – Emmanuel Sauzay – Director, Commercial Space, Airbus
- 10:55 – 11:05 – Jim Armor – Vice President, Government Services , SpaceLogistics LLC
- 11:05 – 11:15 – Al Tadros – Vice President, Space Infrastructure and Civil Space, SSL, a Maxar Technologies Company
- 11:15 – 11:25 – Jon Goff – President and CEO, Altius Space Machines
- 11:25 – 11:35 – Chris Blackerby – Chief Operating Officer, Astroscale
- 11:35 – 11:45 – Helen Reed – Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Chandah Space Technologies
- 11:45 – 11:55 – Joerg Kreisel – Chairman and Co-Founder, iBOSS GmbH
1200 Networking Break & Lunch
Luncheon sponsored by SpaceLogistics, LLC
1230 Luncheon Keynote – Kevin O’Connell, Director, Office of Space Commerce at U.S. Department of Commerce
1315 Announcement from CONFERS
- Brian Weeden, CONFERS Executive Director
1330 Industry Briefings – Supporting Services
Flash Talks: Presentations by companies developing RPO & OOS related supporting services: Insurance, manufacturers, launch, space situational awareness (SSA).
- 13:30 – 13:40 – Chris Kunstadter – Senior Vice President, AXA XL
- 13:40 – 13:50 – Max La Rosa -Director, Sales and Business Development, Observation, Exploration, Navigation, and Telecommunications, Thales Alenia
- 13:50 – 14:00 – Jonathan Bohren – Senior Roboticist, Honeybee Robotics
- 14:00 – 14:10 – Bob Carrell – President/COO, Hoffer Flow Controls
- 14:10 – 14:20 – Doug Cather – Space Operations Technical Director, AGI
- 14:20 – 14:30 – Mark Jeffries – Director, Global Sensor Operations, ExoAnalytics Solutions
- 14:30 – 14:40 – Tom Kubancik – General Manager, Commercial, Civilian, and International Space, L3 ADS
1500 Networking & Coffee Break
1530 Panel: Policy Considerations for Satellite Servicing
A panel of U.S. and international government representatives to discuss the policy questions and regulatory approaches related to this emerging field.
- Moderator: Brian Weeden, CONFERS Executive Director
- Andrew Ratcliffe – Head of Launch Systems, United Kingdom Space Agency (UKSA)
- Laurent Francillout – Head of Space Safety Office, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
- Tahara Dawkins – Director, Commercial Remote Sensing Regulatory Affairs Office, U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Stephen Earle – Space Traffic Lead, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration – Office of Commercial Space Transportation (FAA-AST)
- Bhavya Lal – Research Staff Member, Science and Technology Policy Institute (STPI)
1630 Briefing on CONFERS Activities
Briefing by Brian Weeden on CONFERS activities to date, 2019 planned activities, and engagement with international standards development.